A word from our Principal
Red House Academy is a member of Northern Education Trust, a DFE approved charity whose academies strive to ensure that every student achieves the highest possible levels of achievement and attainment within a rich learning environment.
Red House Academy shares with all Northern Education Trust Academies a set of guiding principles:
"The welfare of others is the first concern of all"
"The education of every child is held to be be of equal value in this comprehensive school commitment to the "One Academy Role":
"All pupils and adults are expected to behave in a responsible manner, both to themselves and to others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect at all times"
and commitment to:
- The achievement, personal development and well-being of children and young people, where the welfare of others is seen to be the first concern of all no matter their starting point.
- Promoting and supporting parent and carer engagement in the development of learning and educational experience of their children.
- Professional development and welfare of all the staff who are employees of the Northern Education Trust.
- Understand the community context within which the academy operates and to engage in appropriate activities with other agencies and community cohesion and economic regeneration.
- Having an aspiration to be the best, not just nationally but internationally.
- Outstanding learning and teaching which engages pupils and is active, collaborative and encourages independence.
- Student voice intended to empower and involve young people in the development and delivery of their own education and the life of their academy.
- A modern curriculum wich meets the needs of all learners, has clear progression routes internally and to both employment and further and higher education.
- The development of professional networks, within our group and beyond, providing school to school support, opportunities for pupils, and sharing professional development.
- Community involvement with our schools and to lifelong community learning.
Red House Academy staff and students work in a purpose built building with state of the art ICT facilities. The Academy is built in the heart of the community. It welcomes you and your family to participate in our learning activities and contribute to the learning of your children. I look forward to working with you as we support your child through this phase of his/her learning career.
We are fully committed to each child in our Academy, recognising their uniqueness and individual potential. We have no invisible children in our school. The systems and structures within Red House are designed to ensure each child is fully supported on their individual journey throughout the Academy so they can fulfil their own potential. We have high expectations of our children in terms of behaviour and commitment to learning.
We expect our parents to work with us in partnership to support individual progress. Our links with primary feeder schools, the City of Sunderland College and the University of Sunderland ensure smooth transitions from KS2-3, KS3-4, KS4-5 and finally into the world of work, further and Higher Education, allowing a strategic approach to raising aspirations as well as attacking the traditional barriers to learning.
Red House Academy is a community of learners where students and staff are committed to learning and improvement. As a community we acknowledge the responsibility each individual has in making it work. We expect community members to adhere to our code of conduct, which recognises individuality but expects conformity in terms of honesty, integrity, and morality, evidenced through mutual respect and hard work. We welcome parents and carers as full partners in this community.
Dr. Th?r?se Quincey
Red House Academy